Long overdue art update finally gotten! Ability to draw poses not so much.
My application for the roleplay group, Toy-Store: [link]
Done by mouse on Photoshop.
My apologies for the copious amount of words...
-------------------◊ Name: Rosalind Lore
◊ Age: 17 (has only been 'alive' for 1.5 years.)
◊ Gender: Female
◊ Height: 165cm (5'4”)
◊ Job: Body-Snatcher
◊ Species: Wind-up Doll
◊ Weapon (if any): Syringe with poison. She enjoys play fighting, as well as real fighting, although knows well enough to stay away from fights she can't win.
◊ Abilities(if any):
- Extensive knowledge of many plant-based mixtures (poisons, medicines, anything in between.)
- Is much more strong and sturdy than she looks.
◊ Personality: Is quite cheerful, childish, loud and mischievous, often abusing her knowledge to play pranks on unsuspecting people. Tends to get worked up easily, is slightly hot-tempered and has a bit too much pride. In front of people who actually matter, she acts extremely polite and demure, with only extreme surprise or anger shattering her facade.
◊ Bio: Rosalind was a wind-up doll, offered as a prize at a carnival game stand. One day, an old woman, who called herself Lenore, arrived at the carnival, advertising herself as a former travelling medicine show. She joined the carnival, opening a stall that sold mainly prank wares, instead of her former medicines. Unbeknownst to those around her, Lenore was a witch; gifted in dark magic, but preferring to work with plants to discover new concoctions. Due to her advanced age, she needed a helper to watch the stand and help her gather materials while she experimented, and thus, brought Rosalind to life. During the process, Lenore planted one of her special modified seeds in Rosalind to strengthen her body, however, Rosalind's left leg was loose causing the plant to snake outside her body as well. Rosalind, whilst unhappy with this situation, could not leave Lenore, and so decided to make the best of the situation by learning Lenore's craft herself.
After a few weeks of forced servitude, another old woman showed up at the circus, claiming herself a fortune teller. In reality, she was Lenore's self-declared rival, Gillian Reshawn, who had come following Lenore. Seeing Rosalind, Gillian decided to prove herself just as good as Lenore, and so created her own living doll; Terryl. After many failed attempts at sabotage of Lenore's stall, Gillian's anger and frustration reached its peak. Seeking a way to hurt Lenore, without harming herself with the large amounts of dark magic involved, she decided to store them in Terryl instead. Sensing the immense presence of dark magic, Lenore rushd to Gillian's tent, only to find herself too late. Gillian had already lost control of the vast amount of magic, and with a warm, comforting wave of light, every human being and animal in the carnival vanished. The only ones remaining, were Rosalind and Terryl, who were left untouched due to their artificial existence. Rosalind, suddenly faced with the freedom she had always desired, grabbed some important seeds, and convinced Terryl to flee with her, in fear that the disappearance would be blamed on them. Wandering around aimlessly and attracting their fair share of curious stares, they eventually stumbled across a toy-store, where suddenly, they weren't so strange anymore...
◊ Likes: Sweets, mayhem, other people's misery, plants, getting things done.
◊ Dislikes: Fire, places where she can't move freely, people without common sense, the fact that she has to be wound-up, waiting.
◊ Additional Information:
- She cannot use her left leg properly and so limps slightly.
- The plant growing out of her leg is empathetic, often changing in reflection to her mood. This makes lying difficult, and her quite easy to read.
- Due to the plant in her body, she is very sturdy and powerful. However, movement is difficult, making her speed, agility and flexibility relatively low.
- Rosalind cannot turn her own wind-up key, which is why she stayed with Lenore. She needs somebody with imbued with magic to turn it.
- When she is not wound up, instead of falling unconscious, she instead remains mentally stuck there in a completely unmoving and useless body. The first time she tried to run away, Lenore left her in this state for a week and she has been terrified of enclosed spaces ever since.
Terryl and Gillian Reshawn belong to